In 1887, at the current site of Coop City, a Pharmacy at Bellevueplatz was opened as the «Pharmacie internationale».
The owners, the Dr. Dünnenberger brothers moved to a new building at Theaterstrasse 14/16 in 1908. The property was built in 1892 by the architect Hans Bauer-Widmer, together with the neighbouring building St. Urbangasse 4.
Dr. Arnold Lobeck, a seventh generation pharmacist, acquired the property of the two Dünnenberger brothers and pharmacists in 1931 and gave the pharmacy its current name “Bellevue Pharmacy.”
The pharmacist, who was interested in herbal, anthroposophic and homeopathic medicine, subsequently developed a large assortment of herbal remedies, according to the findings of Dr. Rudolf Steiners M.D. and Samuel Hahnemann. This attitude continues to characterise the work of the Bellevue Pharmacy.
Open 24hrs – every day
In 1976, the 24hr-service was introduced. The pharmacy has always been open since 24 June 1976.
Johanna Lobeck, the daughter of Dr. Arnold Lobeck, and Dr. Roman Schmid ran the pharmacy together from 1989 to 2005.
Dr. Roman Schmid has run the Bellevue Pharmacy since November 2005.